Terms & Conditions
Contract and general terms
The contract is between you and the owners of 63 Northgate, Lucy Husband. Your booking is for holiday purposes only unless otherwise agreed in writing. The property is only let to those people specified on the booking form. No sub-letting is permitted.
Arrival / departure times
In order to ensure that we have time to prepare the property properly for the next guests, we request that guests leave the property by 10am and arrive after 3 pm.
We do not charge a booking fee. We will confirm your booking upon receipt of the deposit.
In order to secure your booking, we require a 20% deposit and the balance is due 6 weeks before the start of the holiday.
Payment of balance
The balance is payable 6 weeks before the start of your holiday or when the holiday is booked, if booking within 6 weeks of the start date.
We prefer payment by bank transfer but also accept payment by cheque.
Cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations made before 6 weeks of the start of your holiday will result in the loss of the deposit. Cancellations made later than this may result in the loss of the full rental amount.
In the event of a cancellation, we will try to re-let the property. If we are successful we will refund the balance.
Since we cannot guarantee that we will be able to re-let the property, we recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance.
In the event that the property becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. fire, theft or damage), our liability will be limited to the amount of any payments received, which we will refund in full.
A housekeeping deposit of £100 is payable with the balance. Please note that this will be banked upon receipt and refunded at the end of your stay, subject to the following conditions:
• You agree to take all proper and reasonable care of the property, its furniture, pictures and effects and to leave the property in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the start.
• You agree to inform us of any damage, breakage or loss arising during your stay. Any items not reported as damaged or which are missing from the cottage will be charged in full.
• You agree not to smoke inside the property.
• You agree that the number of people occupying the property will not exceed the number stated on the booking form without our explicit agreement. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
• You agree to take all your belongings with you at the end of your stay as we cannot guarantee to find missing items or return them to you.
• You agree to allow us, or our agents, the right of entry at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out essential repairs or maintenance.
If these conditions are not satisfied, we will deduct all reasonable costs from your Housekeeping Deposit.
We do not allow pets at the property.
Please note that we do not subscribe to unlimited downloads and therefore operate a 'fair usage policy'. This should be more than enough to keep in touch with the office or home via email and for regular web browsing.
Heavy usage of the internet such as downloading music & films, watching programmes on BBC iPlayer or using the telephone over the internet (VOIP) may not be covered by the data allowance and may be chargeable.
WiFi Broadband is available free of charge but is subject to the following restrictions:
• You agree to abide by the 'fair usage policy'.
• You agree to use the internet responsibly and not to access illegal or offensive websites. Parents are responsible for supervising their children's use of the internet.
• You agree to pay for data usage over and above the fair usage limit (roughly 2.5 gb per week). This will be deducted from the Good Housekeeping Bond.
Details of how to connect to the internet will be made available on arrival.
The cost of gas central heating and electricity is included in the rental price. The central heating system will be set on a timer appropriate for the season to ensure that you are comfortable. There are individual thermostats on the radiators.
We hope that you have no cause for complaint during your stay, but in the event that there is a problem, you must contact us immediately to give us an opportunity to rectify the problem. If you feel that the problem has not been resolved, you must notify us of your complaint in writing within 7 days of the end of your stay.
In the absence of negligence on our part, the use of the property and its facilities is entirely at your own risk.